1.22.2009

The one with all the layers

During Christmas vacation it was around -15 degrees celsius every night and sometimes in the daytime...that's pretty close to 0 degree Fahrenheit.
The most difficult part of the vacation ending was that I would have to exchange my cozy soba-warmed room for my class-room-where-my-students-can-see-their-breath and I spend the hours leaning against the soba.
In preparation for this daily experience, I start my morning with a pair of tights, over which comes smartwool socks and sometimes the cold even merits another under-layer of underarmor pants before I pull up the final layer of pants...
On top, I start out with a tanktop, then a light sweater over which comes a button-up shirt, just in case I take off other layers and want to look professional. Then comes a a bulky sweater and scarf...
I have not not worn a scarf since October.
Finally the top layer is a coat and hat.
This week has been as warm as 5 degrees Celsius. But by habit I still put on the layers every morning. All this to say that I have been .HOT. this week. And it is amazing.

No comments: