1.13.2009

gynecology tree

My host families 5th grader, who I teach english to, was working on his english homework the other day.
He told his mom that Rachel had told him to make an arboreale genecologic...(gynecology tree)
"What?" Gabi asked him.
"A gynecology tree. You know, where you put your grandparents on the top and you are at the bottom of the tree."
"Oh. You mean arboreale geneologic" (family tree).

So now my three fifth grade classes think that family trees are called gynecology trees.

2 comments:

Kartasi said...

Love it! We're doing family trees this week in my class, too.

Jennifer said...

I read everyone of your posts and always have so much to say and hear that I rarely say anything at all. Yay for gynecology trees with grandparents on the top! Old people getting all lovey. Someone on Seattle craigslist wants a Romanian tutor, I was more than reminded of you oh so far away for oh so much longer.