8.26.2009

the soviet workmanship

A couple night ago my lighbulb went out. I've been waiting for it to happen since I moved in here more than a year ago and I haven't had to change it yet.
So the next morning I unscrewed the burned out lighbulb. I'm that person that reads everything - shampoo bottles in the shower, ingredient lists on cans while I'm cooking, romanian subtitles while I'm watching TV...so I read the lightbulb. And it said 'made in USSR.'
The USSR has been nonexistent since 1991.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Either the light bulb was of superior quality and has been in use since 1991. . . or the factory is too lazy to remove the letting from their factory process. To bad it didn't happen when I was there, you know how much I would have liked to change your lightbulb for you.