2.12.2009

incoming

I don't have an english library to visit so I have made other volunteers' houses into my library...the results are sometimes lacking...but here are a couple of not pitifuls:


Freakonomics:
I don't care for numbers and when I read numbers in books I tend to blur over them. This might be the first time I have actually read numbers. With chapters titled "Why drug Dealers Still Live with Their Moms" and you learn that drug dealers operate on a similar business plan as a the door-to-door sales company I worked for...why not read it?






The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle:
My introduction to contemporary Japanese literature. A slow start ended in an asianish take on magic realism. So it was like reading an asian Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Sublime.








MTV.ro. I enjoy these too much.

Sofia, Sofia...

disregard this music video. This is the balkan remix

Oh likey likey

The boy does nothing

1 comment:

Jen said...

hi. i'm a total stranger and this might sound weird, but i have books. if you'd send me an e-mail (jennee at gmail) i might have some english books that could find a home with you.

(i found your blog through mike nork's, btw.)